We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of the Geneinno Products and Services.
• Account information. When you create a Geneinno account, you may provide us with personal information that includes your user ID, email address or phone number, password or other information for account verification. You might choose to provide us with additional information — like gender, birthday, professional information and other similar information.
• Contact information. When you place an order with Geneinno, or contact us for customer service, you may provide us with your contact information including your name, alias, email address, shipping address, billing address and phone number(s).
• Payment information. When you place an order with Geneinno or engage in financial transactions by using Geneinno Products and Services, you may provide us with your payment information such as your bank account, credit card number, or debit card number.
• Communications. When you contact us, we may collect information about your communications with us, including your contact information, and the time, topic, and content of your communications.
• Device-Related Information. When you activate Geneinno products, request for after-sales service, unlock the geofencing features or upgrade the firmware, you may provide us with information about your Geneinno device, including model and serial number. Our after-sales team may ask for your diving data to provide the service you requested.
• Technical Information. When you visit our webpage or use our mobile applications, you may provide us with technical information about the device running the browser or the application. Such information includes your IP address or device address, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, hardware version, and operating system. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We use information we collect through Geneinno Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Geneinno Products and Services and operating our business. The use of information that we collect includes the following:
• To operate and provide features of the Geneinno Products and Services, to verify and manage Geneinno user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time by Geneinno. We will process your personal data in accordance with this Policy and any of your preferences, which are expressed via Geneinno Products and Services, including Underwater World and the Geneinno Apps.
• To maintain and enhance Geneinno Products and Services, to personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you.
• To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences, to improve the Geneinno Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, including for customer service. We may send direct marketing such as communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you are an individual or consumer, we will only send you direct marketing with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. You may send unsubscribe requests or withdraw your consent at any time.
• To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm our users, us, or the public.
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
• We will aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our sites and apps, to produce metrics and statistical information. We use aggregate data to help us understand how the site is being used and to improve its usability. We also use it to enhance the quality and availability of products and services we offer.
We will not disclose your information that we collect through Geneinno Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• We may share your information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally when permitted by law, and necessary to provide you with Geneinno Products and Services.
• Any information that you voluntarily choose to make publicly available by uploading it to a publicly accessible site or venue using Geneinno Products and Services (including sharing information on Underwater World or on Geneinno online community), or that you otherwise elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
• We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, traffic monitoring or analysis, electronic messaging, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• According to local laws and regulations, such as Remote Identification or other aviation regulations and requirements, your device-related information, product location, and remote controller (ground control station) location may be transmitted to and received by individuals, companies, or organizations determined by aviation regulations to be appropriate receivers of such information. Please refer to your local authorities for more information regarding what types of your information are subject to these requirements.
• We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or enforceable request.
• We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Geneinno Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Geneinno Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
• Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through Geneinno Products and Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of Geneinno Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of Geneinno Products and Services.
You may update, correct, or delete certain Geneinno account information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page, available through certain Geneinno Products and Services, including the Geneinno.com and Geneinno community and various mobile applications. If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may also have the right to request access to additional information, including the right to request access to and receive certain information we maintain about you; to update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you; to receive a copy of the information which you provided for its transmission to another company; to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation; and to have the information blocked, deleted, or erased, as appropriate. When we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you can also withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will apply your preferences going forward, and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of Geneinno Products and Services.
Likewise, if you close your Geneinno account, you will not be able to sign in to Geneinno Products or Services or access any of your information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit, as authorized under applicable law, for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to third parties as described in this Policy, retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies.
If you wish to exercise any rights you have under applicable data protection law, including the right to access, amend or delete any information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com.
For California resident customers, your additional rights are provided in the California Privacy Notice attached to this Policy.
Geneinno Products and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services, or any information otherwise collected by such third-party sites or services is collected directly by the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through Geneinno Products and Services.
Except for certain products that are marked as “14+” or “for customers over the age of 14,” Geneinno Products and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
We retain your information to provide service to you, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We aim to retain your information only for the period necessary to fulfil our obligations under this Policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will carefully assess the need to collect data, the type of data collected, relevant legal framework, and the statute of limitations when determining the retention period.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the Geneinno Products and Services and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change.
What are Cookies?
When you use Geneinno websites or online services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept certain types of cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of Geneinno Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data (Please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners for additional privacy options, if any). Geneinno does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Geneinno Products and Services.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons” (together with cookies, “cookies and similar technologies”). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use Geneinno Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
We use different types of cookies as listed below. They help us to provide and improve the Geneinno Products and Services, such as showing you the most relevant information and your customized webpage. Some or all of the cookies listed may be stored in your browser or devices.
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for you to use the Geneinno Products and Services, such as the cookies used for carrying out the transmission of a communication, the cookies that record requests for information from the Internet and block web attacks so as to ensure web security, the cookies that are strictly necessary for us to provide information society services that you request. You must accept strictly necessary cookies to be able to use Geneinno Products and Services.
Preference cookies. These cookies are also known as “functionality cookies”, these cookies allow us to remember choices you have made through your use of the Geneinno Products and Services, like what language you prefer, what region you are in, or what your username and password are so you can automatically log in. These cookies can help us reallocate work load among our servers and enable our webpages to respond faster.
Statistics cookies. These cookies are also known as “performance cookies”, these cookies collect information about how you use the Geneinno Products and Services, like which webpages you visited and which links you clicked on. These cookies can help us to improve user experience of using Geneinno Products and Services.
Marketing cookies. These cookies can track your online activities to help us deliver more relevant advertisements or limit the number of time that the same advertisement is shown to you.
We may obtain or receive information about your device, our apps, or other apps. We may also use these technologies to store information on your device. For example, we may receive information about the make and model of your mobile device when you are asking others for help through our app.
Browsers will send cookies for a particular domain (such as geneinno.com) to the website each time a device with those cookies’ accesses content from that domain. This means if your device stores cookies for geneinno.com, it will send those cookies to Geneinno when it accesses a webpage at geneinno.com.
• Recover your lost account;
• Recognize use of public computers and notify you to reduce your risk of data theft;
• Understand your interaction with our Products and Services, and those of our partners.